||Work-Life Team Leader
||Provide initial assessment/ intake, information and referral, and short-term Information/ Work life/Legal services to customers’ employees who are experiencing personal and/ or work related problems. These services are provided on site or off site as appropriate, usually by telephone.
| Job Skills
- Legal Knowledge-Research Skills
- Problem analysis and solving
- Communication skills written and verbal
- Knowledge of IT systems and Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Coaching skills
- Excellent customer service and telephone manner
- Administrative and organization skills
- Staff the EAP information service support line, provide support and information to service users
- Assess callers in terms of non-clinical needs and deal with appropriately
- Utilise EAP information and communication systems to handle all administrative requirements associated with the counseling and helpline services.
- Deliver Work Life/Legal services in a responsive, efficient, ethical and professional manner. Maintain a close liaison with Counseling and Information Team Leaders and EAP Consultants if necessary. Maintain client confidentiality as stated in the Code of Ethics.
- Adhere to the applicable ethical and legal standards, which govern service delivery, as well as policies, procedures and laws, which apply to the organization as appropriate.
- Maintain complete records of work performed through various case notes, forms and reports.
- Consult with, and refer to WPO external resources when appropriate to ensure quality services for clients.
- Responds as required to crisis and emergency situations.
- Develop competence in and utilise the information and communication technology (ICT) systems
- Develop and organise information packs and facts sheets appropriate to the needs of service users.
- Participate in team communication meetings.
- Assist in the improvement and enhancement to the EAP Information Service.
- To take on any other project work in relation to the ongoing development and professionalism of the WPO information services team
- The ability to undertake ongoing professional development training.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other professionals within and outside of WPO where required.
|Minimum Educational Qualification
- Relevant degree or diploma related to Law